Your buyer will likely hire a home inspector before finalizing the purchase, but you should have a pre-listing home inspection of your own to ensure the sale proceeds smoothly and quickly.
Although it is optional, a pre-sale home inspection can help you uncover any unknown issues lurking under the surface that might become issues at the closing table and compromise your home sale.
<H2>What Does a Pre-Sale Home Inspection Include? </H2>
A pre-sale house inspection will assess all aspects of your duplex, triplex or fourplex (or your single-family home), inside and out. Your inspector will check out the plumbing and electrical systems, your roof and driveway, and everything in between.
Once you get a pre-sale property inspection report, you can fix all the minor issues that could turn into bigger (and more expensive) problems down the line. That way, you’re more likely to get full price for your home – or you’ll be prepared to make price concessions related to repair costs when buyers make an offer.
<H3>Why Should You Invest in a Pre-Sale Inspection for Your Duplex, Triplex or Fourplex? </H3>
You should invest in a pre-sale inspection if you:
- Are concerned about losing a buyer because of the property’s condition. Once you have an offer in your hand, the last thing you want is for the deal to fall through because of a property condition you didn’t know about.
- Want to price the duplex, triplex or fourplex properly to sell it to an investor. Settling on the right price for your property is a big deal. Price it too high and it’ll sit on the market with out selling; price it too low and you won’t make the profit you could have earned if it was priced properly. You need to determine the fair market value for the property, and a pre-sale inspection can help you do that.
- Would prefer to sell quickly. You can use a pre-listing home inspection to streamline the sale process – and maybe even close the deal faster. If buyers are willing to accept your inspection and waive their own, you can save time on the closing process.
<H3>How Much Does a Pre-Listing Inspection Cost? </H3>
A pre-sale home inspection can cost between $300 and $700, depending on the size of the property, its location and the individual inspector you hire. For many duplex, triplex and fourplex sellers, the cost of a pre-sale inspection is certainly worth it – it helps avoid surprises when the buyer hires his or her own inspector.
<H3>What Are the Benefits of a Pre-Listing Inspection? </H3>
Ultimately, it’s up to you whether you choose to have your duplex, triplex or fourplex inspected before you put it on the market. However, there are a handful of benefits that may justify the cost of the inspection for you, such as:
- Improvement advice. Your inspection report will help you prioritize the areas of the property that need the most immediate attention before it hits the market.
- Better marketing. Your inspection report can give you great news, which your REALTOR® can then promote in your listing.
- More negotiating power. If you already know what issues the buyer’s inspector will uncover, you can price the property appropriately. For example, if you factor in the buyer’s cost for a new HVAC system and price the property accordingly, you can let buyers know – and that makes people less likely to try to “cut a deal” with you.
<H2>Ready to Sell a Home in Silicon Valley? </H2>
Selling a home can be stressful, but Debbie Marino is here to help. If you live anywhere in Silicon Valley, call Debbie at 408-210-2400 or send an email to Debbie@PropertiesInSiliconValley.com to request a free, no-obligation consultation.
If you’re also looking for a new home in Silicon Valley, use the links below to get started:
- San Jose homes for sale
- Campbell homes for sale
- Santa Clara homes for sale
- Cambrian Park homes for sale
- Los Gatos homes for sale
- Monte Sereno homes for sale
- Rose Garden homes for sale
- Santa Clara homes for sale
- Saratoga, CA homes for sale
- Willow Glenn homes for sale
- Silicon Valley duplexes for sale
- Silicon Valley triplexes for sale
- Silicon Valley fourplexes for sale